Log file:
09/03/30 13:16:38.75 analytics: Servlet error
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (errno:239)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:517)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:467)
at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:364)
at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:178)
at com.siebel.analytics.web.sawconnect.ConnectionPoolSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(ConnectionPoolSocketFactoryImpl.java:63)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.siebel.analytics.web.sawconnect.ConnectionPoolSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(ConnectionPoolSocketFactoryImpl.java:70)
at com.siebel.analytics.web.sawconnect.ConnectionPool.createNewConnection(ConnectionPool.java:314)
at com.siebel.analytics.web.sawconnect.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:133)
at com.siebel.analytics.web.SAWBridge.processRequest(SAWBridge.java:299)
at com.siebel.analytics.web.SAWBridge.doGet(SAWBridge.java:325)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:713)
at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:3
70)
at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.HttpRequestHandler.doProcessRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:871)
at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:453)
at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.AJPRequestHandler.run(AJPRequestHandler.java:302)
at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.AJPRequestHandler.run(AJPRequestHandler.java:190)
at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketReadHandler$SafeRunnable.run(ServerSocketReadHandler.java:260)
at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketAcceptHandler.procClientSocket(ServerSocketAcceptHandler.java:239)
at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketAcceptHandler.access$700(ServerSocketAcceptHandler.java:34)
at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketAcceptHandler$AcceptHandlerHorse.run(ServerSocketAcceptHandler.java:880)
at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].util.ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor$MyWorker.run(ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor.
java:303)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
The relevant bit of the stacktrace looks like "com.siebel.analytics.web.sawconnect.ConnectionPoolSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket", i.e. it's trying to connect to SAW.
I checked if Presentation Services is running:
ps -ef|grep sawwhich it was. However, looking in the
I stopped all services including OAS and restarted them:
- OAS comes up fine
- Javahost starts fine
- Presentation services process starts but no log file generated
When I try to connect to Analytics I get 500 Server Error and "analytics: Servlet error
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (errno:239)" error logged in the analytics Presentation Services plug in log file
Looking at this logically, sawserver is the problem. It's not starting up - there's no log and the port 9710 doesn't get opened up by it.
The strangest thing at this point is that there is no log - there's normally be at least a "... starting up" type entry, even if nothing else.
Even after increasing the log levels (
On a dev box on which nothing's changed recently (and which sawserver was running without complaint) I did
run-saw.sh stop(...wait for a while...)
run-saw.sh start64and sawserver didn't come up! This to me points the finger towards the server
This has now gone to Oracle as an SR, as something is clearly up with sawserver :-(
Update: running gpm (glance for x-windows) I found this:
Not sure what that translates to in real money yet though.
Update: solution here!